Allied health insurance coverage: Your professional ally


Allied health professionals need insurance coverage.


Do you need medical malpractice coverage? Wait! Before you answer that, answer this: Are you in the medical field? You’re thinking, “Well, yeah. But I’m not a doctor, dentist or nurse.”

Are you a therapist? Are you an x-ray technician? How about an audiologist, nutritionist, orthopedic assistant, pharmacist, or one of dozens of other medical-related occupations that require special training, certification or higher education?

If you answered yes, then your answer to the first question should be a resounding “Yes!”

You are what’s known as an allied health professional. And you should consider allied health coverage. You play a vital role in medical care, and there is tremendous growth in your field.


Click for larger image

Whether you are a seasoned professional or a student completing a practicum at a medical office or clinic as part of your training, you may still need coverage. Your local independent agent can help you secure the appropriate coverage.

Many schools have on-site clinics or laboratories where students conduct on-the-job training. Often, the curriculum includes admitting the general public for minor medical or dental procedures performed by students under the direct supervision of a faculty member.

Similarly, medical and dental offices have supporting medical staff and personnel working directly with patients. These are clearly professional exposures. Educational and business entities also can purchase allied health coverage to make sure these exposures are addressed.

You can find an allied health insurance product that covers students in these programs and more:

  • Athletic trainer
  • Massage therapist
  • Nurse practitioner
  • Nurse
  • Optician
  • Physical therapist

So whether you are a doctor’s office that conducts on-site MRI exams or a dental school that provides free cleanings to the public, you will have peace of mind knowing that your MRI technician or dental student is covered should their professional performance be brought into question.

Talk to your local, independent insurance agent for advice on how to obtain the appropriate insurance protection for your situation.

Coverages described here are in the most general terms and are subject to actual policy conditions and exclusions. For actual coverage wording, conditions and exclusions, refer to the policy or contact your independent agent.

Share This Blog:


Comments are closed.